National Seminar 2020 will be Thursday, July 16 through Monday, July 20, at the Omni Championsgate near Orlando, Florida. Several performance opportunities are offered throughout the event. We are also seeking submissions for classes and faculty to present at the event.
Apply to be considered for one of the following options:
- Feature Concerts: There will be one feature concert each date of the event. This concert will feature one performing group or ensemble for a one-hour concert.
- Mini Concerts: One to two Mini Concerts will be scheduled each day. Performers will present 30-40 minutes of music.
Application Submission Process & Timeline:
- Completed applications are due by 5:00 PM EDT on October 1, 2019.
- Performers must have a current membership in Handbell Musicians of America.
- Applications MUST be completed using the form below.
- Applications sent in any other format will NOT be accepted.
- Each application must include a link to a recently-recorded (within the past 12 months) video of the performer.
- A minimum of 80% of the performers included in the audition video must be part of the performing ensemble at the event.
- All video submissions must include a minimum of two selections of contrasting style.
- Include live introduction of each piece on the video as it would be presented in concert.
AFTER submitting your application, please send a current photo of the performer in jpeg format and with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed by the selection committee at the end of October, and those selected will be notified in November. Selected performers may not share their selection for the event until it is officially announced by Handbell Musicians of America.
We encourage innovation and new ideas. If you plan to include a new concept, performance technique or feature in your event, please include a representation of this in your video submission. Also, please ensure your performance has been fully tested and vetted prior to your concert at National Seminar.
Any questions about the application, video requirements, or selection process should be directed to email@example.com.
Application Process & Requirements
- Those submitting must have their own individual Handbell Musician Membership or be the primary contact for an organization’s Handbell Musician Membership.
- Consider all aspects of handbell musicianship in all settings as you develop your class ideas. The committee strives to select a wide variety of classes for all constituencies of our membership. We also encourage innovation and new ideas. However, please make sure any new concepts are fully tested and vetted prior to presentation at National Seminar.
- Those submitting more than one class topic will be given priority consideration.
- Those interested in teaching at the event must submit a separate Class Submission Application for each class topic/idea they would like to present using the form below. ONLY submissions completed using the form below will be accepted.
- Any applicant who has not taught at a National Seminar or Pinnacle in the past three years (since Anaheim 2017) must provide two letters of reference from individuals who have observed the applicant teaching within the past 12 months. These letters must be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by the person providing the reference. The applicant is responsible for ensuring that the required recommendations are received.
Deadline for submission is 5:00 PM EDT, October 1, 2019. Applicants will be notified of committee selections by January 1, 2020.
Class sessions at National Seminar are 75-minutes long. Topics may be offered as single classes or multi-session courses. Single-session classes will usually be offered twice in the schedule during the event. Multi-session courses will only be offered once in the schedule.
Questions regarding the process should be directed to email@example.com.