To better serve our membership on the grass-roots level, the national staff of Handbell Musicians of America includes three Regional Membership Coordinators. Each covers the responsiblities listed below for 4 Areas as follows:
East Region – Areas 1, 2, 3, and 4
Central Region – Areas 5, 6, 7, and 8
West Region – Areas 9, 10, 11, and 12
We currently have an opening for the West Regional Membership Coordinator. Ideally, this position will be filled from the membership of that region, but we will consider applicants from outside the region.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Work with the national office and the Area boards for their region to develop strategies for retaining and growing the membership of their region
- Assist Area boards, particularly membership directors, in accessing membership lists through the national membership database for the purpose of communicating with the membership of their region: welcoming new members, following up with lapsed members, sharing information about benefits and resources with existing members, recruiting potential future leaders, etc.
- Identify potential new member candidates and work with Area boards and volunteers to convert those candidates to actual members
- Work with the national staff to assist the membership in their region with general membership questions and concerns
- Some travel will be required to visit Area & National events and meetings
- This is a part-time position requiring an average of 10 hours of work per week and reports directly to the executive director
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness and confidence to contact and communicate with individual members and potential members by phone and email
- Self-motivated to fulfill responsibilities of the job with minimal supervision
- Comfortable working with Excel spreadsheets, Google Apps, and membership database service (training will be provided)
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Jennifer Cauhorn, Executive Director, at [email protected] by Monday, January 2, 2017. Please include “REGIONAL MEMBERSHIP COORDINATOR” in the subject line of your email. Your cover letter should address the following:
- Why you are interested in this position?
- What strengths and skills make you ideal for the position?
- What are the most valuable benefits of membership?
- What ideas do you have for increasing our membership base?
The cover letter may be either an attachment or contained in the body of your email.