Associate Director of Music Ministries, Christ Church United Methodist, Louisville, KY
Work with the Director of Music Ministries to facilitate the church’s mission through music. Equip and empower the church’s handbell ensembles to achieve excellence through thoughtfully chosen repertoire, musical expertise, and spiritual leadership. Foster our congregation’s spiritual growth through organ playing that is engaging, polished, and sensitive. Collaborate with the rest of the music staff to build a loving and inclusive community of faith.
Candidates must have the following attributes and qualifications:
- Understands his/her ministry as a call to serve in the Christian church
- Excellent organ and piano playing skills and a thorough knowledge of hymnody
- Experience directing handbell ensembles of a variety of ages and experience levels
- Ability to recruit, educate, and inspire volunteer musicians
- Willingness to work in a positive, collaborative, and fast-paced musical environment
Additional desired qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music (Organ, Sacred Music, Music Ed., or comparable degree)
- Experience working in a local church
- Knowledge of United Methodist theology, worship practices, and appropriate use of music in a traditional worship setting
Job Title: Associate Director of Music Ministries
Salary: Dependent upon experience
Time Type: Full Time
Benefits: Full benefits, including medical, dental, life insurance, vacation, retirement
Deadline: August 14, 2020
Email submissions only. Please send the following documents in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter
- Resume or CV
- Two organ performances in contrasting styles (audio file attachments, YouTube, or social media links)
- Ensemble conducting video (rehearsal setting preferred); not to exceed 10 minutes (video files, YouTube, or social media links)
About Christ Church United Methodist
Christ Church is an exciting, 3600-member United Methodist congregation located in suburban Louisville. Through traditional worship, choral music, handbells, and instrumental ensembles, the music ministry seeks to facilitate the mission of Christ Church of “becoming living proof of God’s love, one person at a time.” Over 550 volunteers participate in music at Christ Church, ranging all ages and experience levels. Our organ is a 54-rank Letourneau, built in 2009. Our handbell ministry features seven choirs, a 5-octave set of Schulmerich handbells, two 3-octave sets, and a 7-octave set of chimes. For more information, visit www.ccum.net/music. Our organ specifications can be found at http://letourneauorgans.com/en/opus107.php.
(posted July 16, 2020)
Handbells/Handchimes and/or Accessories for Sale/Wanted
Handbells for Sale, Pleasant Hill, CA
5 Octave Handbell set: 55 Schulmerich bells with quick adjust clappers (C3-G7, except E3) plus 5 Malmark bells (G#7-C8) $12,000.
3 Octave Schulmerich Handbell set: (C4-C7) with Malmark clappers $5200.
Please contact: Carolyn MacKenzie at email@example.com or 925-876-9375 for pictures or details. Buyer pays shipping.
(posted March 9, 2020)
If you are a Handbell Musicians of America member who wishes to post a notice on this page, please send an email to us which includes:
- the content of the notice (please keep it brief; we may edit longer notices)
- your Handbell Musicians of America membership number
- your name
The Guild reserves the right to remove a notice at any time. Most notices will be removed after one month.