Voting Instructions for 2017 National Board Election
Handbell Musicians of America is handling all voting for its national board elections via electronic, online ballot. To vote, members will need to log in to their member account, enter their selections in the online ballot, and submit it to confirm their selections. Below are step-by-step instructions for voting. But first, here are answers to some basic questions about the process.
When can I vote?
The voting period is March 1 – March 31, 2017. Beginning at 9:00 AM EST on March 1, the VOTE NOW button will appear on this page, and the online ballot will be available for casting your vote. The VOTE NOW button will disappear, making the ballot unavailable, at 7:00 PM EST on March 31, 2017.
How do I access my online account?
If you are a member, you already have an account. You simply need to enter your user name and password in the spaces indicated at the very top of this screen or when prompted after clicking the VOTE NOW button, to access it online. If you’ve forgotten your password or haven’t yet created a username and password, follow these simple steps.
1. At the top of this page, click on the “Log In” link.
2. This will take you to the login page. If you’ve never logged in before, but you are a current member, then you already have an account. Since an account has already been created for you, DO NOT click on the “Create Account” button. Instead, click on the “Forgot Password” link.
3. This will take you to a page titled “Help with My Account” This page is the place to be even if you haven’t yet set up your username and password. You must enter the EMAIL CONTACT YOU PROVIDED WHEN YOU JOINED. If you are not sure what email address is on your account, or you have not yet provided an email address, please contact the national office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 937-438-0085.
4. Once you have entered your email address, click on “Send Recovery Email.”
5. This will generate an email message to the address you provided with a link to reset your password. Your login name is your email address.
What if I don’t remember my username and/or password?
Follow the steps above. An email will be generated to the email address provided with your log in credentials.
What if I don’t have access to the Internet? Is there another way vote?
To ensure each member only votes once, and to maintain the security of the voting process, only votes submitted through the online ballot will be accepted. If you do not have a computer or Internet access at home, we recommend you utilize the computer services offered by your public library or seek the assistance of a friend or family member.
Where can I find information about the candidates?
Biographies, photos, and answers to basic questions for each candidate are included in the Winter 2017 issue of Overtones. That information, as well as a video message from each, is also available by following the links to the right.
How to Vote
- Carefully review all candidate information and make note of your choices in each category before moving to the next step.
- When the VOTE NOW button is active, between March 1 and March 31, 2017, click that button.
- If you are not already logged in to your member account, you will be prompted to log in.
- After logging in, you will be automatically directed to the voting ballot. During the log in process, the system will confirm that you have not already voted and that the account you’ve logged in to has a current membership that includes voting privileges.
- Carefully make your selections for both president-elect (vote for 1 of the 2 candidates presented) and at-large board (vote for 3 for the 6 candidates presented).
- Review your ballot carefully to make sure it is correct.
- Click submit at the bottom of the ballot to enter your final vote.
- Once submitted, a vote cannot be changed or edited. National staff does not have access to the ballot or to submitted votes.
- Votes will be counted and results calculated by the NEON database system and cannot be accessed or altered by staff or board members of Handbell Musicians of America.
Election results will be announced by the National Board on or before May 1, 2017.
If you need assistance logging in to your account or setting up your username and password, please contact the national office at email@example.com or by calling 937-438-0085.