Director of Handbells – Bellevue Presbyterian Church
Direct one, intergenerational, 5 octave ensemble; Rehearses Wednesdays, 4p to 6p; Rings in worship every other month, September through May
- 5 octave Schulmerich (factory refurbished 2014)
- 3 octave Malmark handchimes
- Port-a-bell cases, tables, mallets, etc
- Outstanding, cataloged library, with budget for new music
The successful candidate will have proven experience in directing and developing handbell ensembles, with excellent teaching skills to demonstrate all ringing techniques.
The handbells of Bellevue Presbyterian have participated in numerous international tours throughout Europe and Russia, and in professional recordings. The Ministry of Music involves over 300 volunteer musicians in weekly rehearsals, six full time staff and four adjunct directors, eight other part time musicians. A competitive, professional compensation rate is being offered.
Position to start 29 October 2014; To apply, or for more information, contact:
Scott Dean, Director of Music & Worship, email@example.com or call 425.454.3082.
Emmanuel Presbyterian Church has an opening for a part-time Handbell Choir Director who is creative in choosing and leading handbell music throughout the church year. Emmanuel is a reformed-tradition church with a largely traditional music history. Responsibilities include:
- Develop and plan handbell music offerings for Sunday worship and special music events throughout the church year.
- Lead choir in offering handbell music offerings of various styles and formats-September through June.
- Establish regular practice schedule with the handbell choir participants.
- Plan and coordinate music program direction with the pastor, Worship Planning Team, Director of Music and other music leaders of the church (i.e., Organist/Accompanist, Children’s Choir Director.)
This is a part-time position (5 hours per week, September through June). Yearly salary is approximately $2400 depending on experience. If interested, please submit a cover letter and résumé via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to the church at:
Emmanuel Presbyterian Church
1900 Willamette Drive
West Linn, OR 97068
Attn: Personnel Committee
Handbells/Handchimes for Sale
3 Octave set of Malmark Choirchimes for sale. Barely used. List price $1895 asking $1500 OBO. You pay to ship. Please email me for more information at email@example.com
For sale: 3rd octave only of Malmark Handbells with cases; we would like to sell in order to buy
lower bells in the 5th octave. They were purchased in 1980 and are in good condition. We are asking $3000 OBO.
Deanna Daniel – minister of music
Lake George Bible Church
8989 CR 90
PO box 236
Lake George, Colorado 80827
Refurbished three octave set of Schulmerich handbells (37, C4-C7) for sale, one owner only, these are in great condition. They come completely & professionally serviced! Email me for cost/details, Neil Gertner, firstname.lastname@example.org or 530 355 8220.
Bethlehem Lutheran Church, Beaumont TX., has a three (3) octave set of Schulmerich hand bells for sale. The bells were last professionally serviced by Mark Bond in 2011. Asking $5,000.
Additional materials for sale:
20 Schulmerich hand bell tables, with foam. Asking $100 / table (includes the foam).
10 stackable metal risers. Asking $20 / riser
If you are a Handbell Musicians of America member who wishes to post a notice on this page, please send an email to us which includes:
- the content of the notice (please keep it brief; we may edit longer notices)
- your Handbell Musicians of America membership number
- your name
The Guild reserves the right to remove a notice at any time. Most notices will be removed after one month.