We have seen a great response to our first round of education webinars from our new Virtual Bell Academy – our first session is tonight! To build on this success, we are seeking submissions for instructors and topics for future webinars and online courses. Topics may be submitted as live webinars or multi-week, self-guided courses.
When preparing a submission for the Virtual Bell Academy, please consider the following criteria:
- Topics may be single-session or multi-session.
- Each session should be a minimum of 45 minutes and maximum of 120 minutes (including time for questions and answer.)
- Our webinar platform supports screen share of documents, video, audio, PowerPoint, etc.
- Instructor should have access to strong and reliable internet connection and computer with webcam, microphone and speakers.
- The national office will provide a webinar host to manage logistics during the webinar.
Self-Guided Course Criteria:
- Course outlines should be comprehensive and cover in-depth elements of the topic selected
- Platform for these courses is Google Classroom.
- Class materials can include a variety of resource materials – online articles, downloadable documents, PowerPoint presentations, video, audio, etc.
- The platform supports testing and quizzes, chat platforms for class interaction, and instructor oversite and review of class projects.
- This option can include scheduled live webinars that are recorded for later viewing.
- Multi-week courses should include several milestone projects with ongoing evaluation from the instructor.
- The platform will support student upload of completed assignments and projects.
For all Submissions:
- Consider topics that appeal to a range of skills and categories of handbell musician – ringer, director, composer/arranger, educators, worship planners, community groups, etc.
- Instructors will be compensated based on course attendance. Exact compensation will be negotiated based on type and length of course.
- Courses and webinars will be scheduled by mutual agreement of instructor and Handbell Musicians of America.
- Submissions should be made using the form below.
- Applicants should be prepared to provide detailed course outlines, examples of previous teaching experience, and multiple references.